Sunday, August 27, 2006

இசை - Music

Upto my college days.. When someone utters the word 'Music'.. some tamil songs and good music in Ads will come to my mind.. In my school days there was a weekly TV program (Oliyum Oliyum) which will play 6 or 7 latest tamil songs and that program was big hit... People used to wait for Fridays and pray for the next song to be their favourite! Then one fine day I entered college which opened my ears to english songs.. Being a die-hard tamil songs fan ( thanks to Illayaraja and A.R.Rahman), I was bit allergic to English songs @ first... until I heard "Show me the meaning of being lonely" by Backstreet boys.. I liked the mild sadness which ran thru the full song.. and now I like lot of English songs... I won't say I changed since it didn't take away my interest on Tamil songs.. It has just broadened my music vocabulary! Now with a iPod Shuffle in my hand.. Music and I have come a long way... together...
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy, it is the wine of a new procreation ... " - Ludwig van Beethoven

No comments:

Sujatha Rangarajan

I came to know about Sujatha (writer) not by his famous novels or attracted by his great screenplay but by his writings (Katrathum Petrathum...